- National Crime Prevention Council ; When the internet , cell phones or other devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass other person
- Wikipedia ; Involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate , repeated and hostile behavior by an individual or group , that is intended to harm others .
- Expert opinion from Ann Frisen , Professor of Psychology at the University of Gothenburg ; This type of bullying can be more serious than conventional bullying . At least with conventional bullying the victim is left alone on evenings and weekend .
How the actions take place ?
- The cyberbullies send e-mail to someone who has said they want no further contact with sonder .
- Posting false statements as fact aimed at humiliation .
- Disclose victim personal data
- Post rumors or gossips and instigate others to dislike and gang up on the target .
Factors of cyber bullying
- Lets the bully remains anonymous
- Feels more superior than others
- Jealousy or dissatisfy with others
- Intentionally embarrass , harass , intimidate or make threats online
- Entertainment purpose
- Ethos and affiliations
- Cool to be Kind Campaign
- CyberKind Campaign
- Act Against Bullying Campaign
- Anti-bullying talks and campaign
Effects of cyber bullying
- Undermining confidence , self-esteem , sense of insecurity
- Affecting performance and attendance at school
- Cause stress and affecting health
- Affect personal reputation and career
- Marginalizing certain groups
- Fuelling prejudice
- Suicidal thoughts
You want this to happen to our society, or worse, your family members? I believe every sane person would answer 'NO!'.
It is important for us all to work together as a team and vanquish tech bullies!
It is never too late to act.